Thursday, February 14, 2019

Texture Knitting

Last Year, one day in January ( I don't remember exactly which day it was ) I had decided to make a new vest for my husband Ruben. I searched for some good warm wool and knitted along, just nicely. It did not take long at all. The vest had some knit/purl patterns in it, not much to post about.

I have to say 'had' because after the first wash ( now here you need to know that Ruben washes all clothes ) the vest has shrunk so much that even I could not wear it anymore.

Time to make another one, a promise is a PROMISE.

For the next version I had a different idea. My ideas just come out of nowhere and, lucky for me, I have the time and yarn to translate the idea into something wearable.



The next vest was smarter, had a texture to it and some cables.
He calls it 'Elvis' because of the collar.

This little vest has become a basis for a few of my recent published patterns.

The cables and collar design is mirrored in the sweater named Turfside.






It is published by knitpicks as part of the Crossings collection.





Single pattern link: Turfside



Crossing link: Crossings Collection










BUT WAIT, there is more!!!!!

I liked the way this simple textured panel knitted up. I mean, I liked the rhythmic K2 - P2 on one side, work the stitches as you see them on the other, and then switch to P2 - K2 on one side, and again work the stitches as you see them on the other. All I had to do was hang a marker on the right side of the fabric to remember if it was time to switch.
I was not the only one that liked the looks of this texture. The women that put together Laine Magazine liked it as well. In their Issue #7, released February 15, 2019 my Laemmin Vest was included.

 The entire fabric is made of these texture stitches. Knitted in one piece, from the bottom up, the vest is truly amazing, I think.

I might be biased, a little. The knitting experience is what is drawing me to make this vest over, and perhaps over.

Featuring I-cord edging on the front and the sleeve openings, and a slip stitch hem and collar, the Leammin vest is still easy to make.

I will help anyone that asks.





Laemmin Vest

There is a little lace section in the back to create some ever-so-slight waist shaping. Don't let it intimidate you.
If you are not comfortable with lace knitting, just ignore it. Make the Laemmin Vest with only the textured stitch pattern.

Message me, or write to me:
e-mail:
oberpfalzerin@hotmail.com

Instagram:
oberpfalzerin

Ravelry:
oberpfalzerin





No comments:

Post a Comment