Thursday, July 5, 2012

multiple colors

I don't know exactly why I do it, but when I am in the middle of a project knitting with more than one color I always ask myself "why in the world do you do this to yourself".
It slows my knitting way down because the pattern needs calculating every step of the way and the strands get tangled up all the time.
I am currently knitting a hoodie for my husband Ruben. It is made out of 2 colors and after spending already 2 weeks into this project, calculating and untangling it finally looks like it's all worth it.


Yesterday I even pointed out to him that the main back panel is the biggest piece. Once that is done everything else is knitting up faster. Naturally, the tangling and calculating gets less and less as well because with the big piece completed you can easily count out the stitches and rows needed to make the front panel or the arm.
This one will have short arms. The hoddie is made out of a cool yarn, NASHUA creative focus linen, 50% linen/ 50% cotton, for those cool summer evening (or days) in San Diego. I am also using much bigger needles than suggested to get a loose knitted garment. The plan is to add a solid brown hood. We will see once the entire body is knitted perhaps I change my mind about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment