Sunday, October 22, 2017

Prize or Price

English is a hard language to learn, I know from experience. But then life (or is it live?) is not easy either.
I have learned that the price paid up front usually results in a prize. Not always right away and sometime not even recognized.
I am retired now, no longer working from 8 to 5. My prize for the price of working for 50 years. That was a big investment, something long-term. Now I can fill my day-time hours with all the things I like to do. Like knitting!
Let's face it, knitting is what I like to do.
My latest challenge: calls for submissions 
I want to find out if I can share more of the knitting I design. Besides self-publishing there are still the traditional 'knitting magazines' out there and I have found ways to submit some of my ideas.

This activity, while a challenge and a goal, must not retract from what I want to do though. While at first enthusiastic, I have to stay true to what it is that I like so much about knitting.
First must always be THE REASON for knitting a certain piece.
My passion comes from designing for someone, or using the new learned stitch, or discovering the properties of a new yarn color or fiber blend.
Check out that pose from Allison with her new AMALGAMATION ballerina leg warmers.


 The design is called Amalgamation and combines some of the softest independent dyer yarns to create this magic. The 2 strands of Candy Skein Delicious Series, one in colorway Foil Wrapper and one in colorway Watermelon create not only a stunning color combination, but the 70% alpaca/20% silk/10% cashmere feels extraordinarily soft and comfortable. Any little hopeful ballerina will appreciate the feel of these leg warmers. Her eyes will sparkle when she discovers her favorite little creature beaded into the leg body. The pattern includes dragonfly, butterfly, bird, and frog templates.
Just look at the detail that is hidden within:

The prize can't be purchased, is not for sale, can't be staged, is undeniable worth every moment spent knitting. Not only does Allison wear her leggings, she wears them ALL THE TIME!

The pattern can be purchased on ravelry.com   ravelry link to AMALGAMATION
or loveknitting.com  Loveknitting link to AMALGAMATION

The instructions are for knitting in the round or knitting flat and seaming. So easy that an experienced beginner can succeed! It is not hard at all the mount a bead, believe me. Just place a bead on a small (#14) crochet hook, insert the hook in the stitch, pull the bead over the stitch and place the stitch back onto the knitting needle. For the amalgamation pattern, since the yarn is always 2 strands, mount the bead only on the one, lighter colored strand.


No comments:

Post a Comment