Tuesday, July 3, 2018

A year "CHOCK-FULL" of Pattern Releases

When I stepped into my first retirement year I had hopes and dreams. My ambition was to create knitwear that knitters will find interesting enough to make.
I have self published some patterns on ravelry.com for a while now, but to reach more knitters and draw attention to my designs I had to learn a lot more.

First step:  I had to get the attention of some of today's most popular knitting publications.
Second step: Learn how and where to present my ideas
Third step: Learn about yarn. Oh there are so many possibilities
Fourth step: Knit a good sample
Fifth step: write the pattern and adapt it to the particular magazine's style
Sixth step: Don't show picture, keep it secret, don't talk about it.
Seventh step: FINALLY, a pattern is ready to release.

Take a look at Apple Cider Scarf. just released in Creative Knitting Magazine
Pretty Presents



Now I can talk about the project, show my own pictures and feel proud of being a published knitwear designer.







No comments:

Post a Comment