Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rainy Sunday

It rained and rained and ....well you know, rained. Maxy don't seem to mind.





So my Lace shawl kept growing
and growing yesterday.
After dinner I was only
4 inches away from
starting the other half.

How did I know that?








I took a measuring tape and wrapped it around my neck just like a shawl, fairly simple. Then I measued the length of my knitting project and ta-da....I know I am 4 inches away form the center. This is IMPORTANT.
 5" X 5"


















As you can see from the original  Lotus Patern  the end of the shawl has wave look. On the picture above it is clear that the knitting will result in a straight line when cast off.
The goal here is to have this wave look on the shawl the same on both ends! That will make this project really professional und pretty.
Long story short, 4 more inches to the center and I will start another shawl, the other half. When both halves are complete I crochet them together and the finished shawl has the wave look on both ends.
Now all I need are a few more rainy days in row.

3 comments:

  1. I love your rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, they are getting a work-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, inform that scoundrel Mike to buy yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa some.

    ReplyDelete