Saturday, March 31, 2012

Last week of March 2012 in review

I know that I want to use these photo tips, but San Diego sometimes has 'OVERCAST' as the normal condition. I don't have a tripod yet or a light box, so the outside tip is what I wanted to follow, just waiting for a sunny day.
In the meantime, I went to the Knitting group "In the Heights" on Tuesday evening. Try it! Knitting in a group, seeing all the other projects, yarn choices, knitting styles, and Ladies is fun, fun, fun. The second half of the Lace shawl keeps growing nicely. I can't wait to wear it. And, the piece of pie that I took home with me was delicious.
Today, since the weather is not cooperating fully, I am going on a yarn discovey trip.
Someone asked me to find the right yarn and give her an estimate of how much it would cost to make a beach wrap. It's from the Spring/Summer issue of VOGUEknitting, page 81. The lacy leaf-stitch pattern is made of Trendsetter Yarns' "Dolcino". I have been calling all the shops in and near San Diego, but no one has that exact yarn that was used for making the pattern. That's fine with me, I like the challenge of finding the perfect substitude, and I like yarn shop hopping on Saturdays.
Wish me luck in finding a great alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment