Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer equals socks

I love summer because there is always another pair of socks that is just waiting to be created. This year I am way ahead into the sock season. My thoughts are playing around with the pair number 3. It will be a tried and true vintage hound’s tooth design. I first thought of it when I found the yarn 'on sale'. Its Cascade Heritage sock yarn. The base color if dark green with a multi-shaded beige as the alternate color. During a session of lunch at my desk, at work, I put the various sizes of hound tooth design onto an excel spreadsheet. Last week I spent some of the evenings knitting the swatch. Now it is decision time.




Which one should I make? The 6 stitch pattern, the 4 stitch repeat, or the 8 stitch pattern.
I like them all equally!
Before I can start though, I had one more chore to finish. My previous sock pattern had to be 'published'. I called it Bricks'n Braid and FINALLY published it yesterday afternoon. It is free to download on my ravelry.com page, oberpfalzerin
 http://www.ravelry.com/projects/oberpfalzerin/bricksn-braid

Here are a few photos from the pattern. It was so easy to knit the socks and they do feel soft on slouchy on my feet. The instructions are written for women’s size medium and large. the small braid is only on the outside of the socks and supposed to make the socks more feminine.





Free sock pattern anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment