Sunday, November 10, 2013

hounds tooth (Hahnentritt) mania

I am not sure where the time has gathered permissions to go by so fast. Looking back at July and August, September, and October I did complete and name some of my visions.
First there was the hounds tooth socks project "don't bite me". Today I am still working on the written pattern.
There was some special learning involved on this pattern, the wandering jog.
After much you tube viewing, I decided to do the wandering jog method. Imagine the way a stripe goes around a Barber Pole, that's how the hounds tooth pattern goes around the leg of the socks.
The cuff, heel and toe were knitted in the solid dark color. The optical vision is supported by knitting all three sections the same length of 30 rows.

The finished socks are a mater piece in my book.


When I first started out I had a design of three different hounds tooth patterns. 4 stitches - four rows; 6 stitches - 6 rows; 8 stitches - 8 rows.
And, because I liked the finished socks so much, I decided to make another hounds tooth project. The black and white Lion Brand special 100% merino yarn that I bought a while back seamed the perfect choice.Ruben could use another sleeveless west.

Decisions I made were simple:
keep the black as first and last stitch no matter what the design beginning and end is.
Make sure that both the front piece and the back piece begin and end with the same pattern, so that, when they are joined, the pattern appears seamless.
The right end begins with the solid black,

 
so the left end ends with the solid white
Since the design was the 6 stitches - 6 rows pattern, I had decided to use a band of 1 purl 2 knit pattern to accommodate the rhythm.
 
The west is now finished and I am hoping Ruben will be ready today to make some great pictures.

As always, San Diego is sunny, warm and irresistible beautiful on this November Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment