Saturday, January 11, 2014

Aztec Beanie Hat

When my husband Ruben saw a picture of a square beanie he asked me: Can you make one like this with the Alpaca yarn that we bought from the Alpaca farm?
during the San Diego Yarn Crawl we went to visit an Alpaca Farm
The Alpacas are so soft and well behaved
We even were allowed to feed them

Sure, I said. I can even put a little Aztec design in the headband.
I first went on-line searching for the right Aztec symbols, see my entry on November 29, Aztec design

Well, as you can see, the hat is done and at first glance don't look so good

After the miserable picture, I went outside to make another picture and propped the hat on a bowl. Well, that looks much better.

The hat is now blocked and to my surprise, Ruben wears the hat. He has had this morning activity on weekends, where he takes our dog Maxie to the dog park. This warm beanie is perfect for those cold mornings.



No comments:

Post a Comment